Apple Cider Vinegar: Skip The Gym And Fad Diets
Losing weight is a common goal for many individuals, as we like to eat and maintain a perfect body at the same time. Holidays and dinner outs always make it hard for putting restrictions in our intake. That is why a lot of dietary pills, supplements, and powders are popping out like mushrooms and the catchphrase is always the same; “lose weight without exercise”. Other products live to the promise but it always comes with a cost. Expensive formulas are very hard to maintain and we just don’t have the extra money for that.
Then, enter Apple Cider Vinegar. It is claimed to lead to all sorts of benefits, most of it supported by science. This includes weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes. One recent study of 14 people showed that those who drank a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with eight ounces of water before a meal had lower blood glucose levels. It is also safer than other products since it is mostly natural and organic.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
- Helps you lose weight – it helps us lose weight by making us feel full. This is because ACV is apple-derived. Apples are a good source of pectin, and including pectin in your diet can make you feel fuller and more satisfied. The acidity of ACV also helps with the digestion of protein, the building blocks for some of our hormones, especially growth hormone.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes – ACV intake improves insulin sensitivity during a high-carbohydrate meal. This is highly beneficial for people with diabetes, pre-diabetes, or those who want to keep their blood sugar levels low to normal.
- Lowers cholesterol and reduces your risk of heart disease – Study shows that cardiovascular disease is the major cause of death in the world. Apple cider vinegar contains chlorogenic acid which protects the LDL cholesterol particles from becoming oxidized. This oxidization is a crucial step in the heart disease process.
- Improves Metabolism Functions – a study on rats exposed to apple cider vinegar showed an increase of the enzyme, AMPK present in their bodies, which increases fat burning and decreases fat and sugar production in the liver. These findings are promising for those of us who want to rev up our metabolisms
Which Apple Cider Vinegar is Best to Use
Since the discovery of apple cider vinegar’s potential to help lose weight, a lot of brands are now stacked up at our favorite local grocery store. Choosing a brand can be a ‘make or break’ factor. One this to consider is that the apple cider vinegar should always be organic. Organic apple cider vinegar (also known as unpasteurized or raw) contains the “mother of vinegar,” a substance filled with living nutrients and bacteria, which are responsible for many of the health benefits. The most common brand people use is Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar ‘With The Mother’.
Apple Cider For Weight Loss
According to Dr. Jarvis, there is a specific serving suggestion of apple cider vinegar to lose weight.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar + 8 ounces water *
- Drink before meals 3 times a day
Always take note that when drinking this concoction, it is always best to use a straw so that the teeth will not be exposed to the vinegar’s acidity.
Apple cider vinegar maintains its strong acidic taste and smells even when diluted with water. Some people opt for mixing it with other beverages, like tea and other fruit juices.
Here are some quick recipes on how to make apple cider more palatable.
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ginger concentrate or ginger tea (see recipes below)
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- raw honey or liquid stevia, to taste
- sparkling mineral water
Berry Lemon ACV Drink
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen berries (I love using raspberries the best!)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with “the mother”
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- optional: 1 teaspoon raw honey or sweetener of choice
With the apple cider vinegar’s promising benefits, it is still best to do this together with a healthy meal intake!
More in Weight Loss
Here’s How To Crush Those Excuses That Keep Us From Moving
We already know we need to get up and get active physically. Not exercising is bad for our health, and can...October 14, 2021
Best Investments For Millennials All Financial Advisors Confirm
There are many myths with regards to millennials and how they manage their finances. We sometimes jump to conclusions that millennials...October 10, 2021
How To Maintain Healthy Skin During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, often regarded as the most joyful moment in a woman’s life. Pregnancy also brings with it...October 6, 2021
Tackling Isolation When You Can’t Go Outside
The world is fighting the deadly Coronavirus pandemic. Therefore the news and social media are focused on COVID-19, its effects, and...October 6, 2021
Yoga At Home: 5 Yoga Poses That Can Help You Find Your Center & Inner Peace
Yoga is a widely practiced Hindu spiritual and severe discipline, a part of which includes breath control, simple meditation, and the...October 6, 2021
Breaking Up with a Friend Is Always a Hard Thing to Do, but Here’s How You Do It
A romantic relationship is similar to a healthy friendship in the sense that both are a two-way street. These connections are...October 5, 2021
The End of Y Chromosome Is Near – Will Men Become Extinct?
While men are considered stronger than women, that is not true at the chromosomal level. The Y chromosome, which is responsible...October 5, 2021
Scientists Unearth New SHOCKING Evidence about Intelligence
Intelligence can be defined as the general cognitive problem-solving skills embedded in the nature of a person. These skills are applied...October 5, 2021
Creating a passion that will get you in shape quickly
Often, people whо аrе trying tо lose wеight fаil tо mаkе ѕоlid gоаlѕ, usually because thеу ѕimрlу dоn’t knоw how....October 5, 2021