Apple Cider Vinegar: Skip The Gym And Fad Diets
Losing weight is a common goal for many individuals, as we like to eat and maintain a perfect body at the same time. Holidays and dinner outs always make it hard for putting restrictions in our intake. That is why a lot of dietary pills, supplements, and powders are popping out like mushrooms and the catchphrase is always the same; “lose weight without exercise”. Other products live to the promise but it always comes with a cost. Expensive formulas are very hard to maintain and we just don’t have the extra money for that.
Then, enter Apple Cider Vinegar. It is claimed to lead to all sorts of benefits, most of it supported by science. This includes weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes. One recent study of 14 people showed that those who drank a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with eight ounces of water before a meal had lower blood glucose levels. It is also safer than other products since it is mostly natural and organic.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
- Helps you lose weight – it helps us lose weight by making us feel full. This is because ACV is apple-derived. Apples are a good source of pectin, and including pectin in your diet can make you feel fuller and more satisfied. The acidity of ACV also helps with the digestion of protein, the building blocks for some of our hormones, especially growth hormone.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes – ACV intake improves insulin sensitivity during a high-carbohydrate meal. This is highly beneficial for people with diabetes, pre-diabetes, or those who want to keep their blood sugar levels low to normal.
- Lowers cholesterol and reduces your risk of heart disease – Study shows that cardiovascular disease is the major cause of death in the world. Apple cider vinegar contains chlorogenic acid which protects the LDL cholesterol particles from becoming oxidized. This oxidization is a crucial step in the heart disease process.
- Improves Metabolism Functions – a study on rats exposed to apple cider vinegar showed an increase of the enzyme, AMPK present in their bodies, which increases fat burning and decreases fat and sugar production in the liver. These findings are promising for those of us who want to rev up our metabolisms
Which Apple Cider Vinegar is Best to Use
Since the discovery of apple cider vinegar’s potential to help lose weight, a lot of brands are now stacked up at our favorite local grocery store. Choosing a brand can be a ‘make or break’ factor. One this to consider is that the apple cider vinegar should always be organic. Organic apple cider vinegar (also known as unpasteurized or raw) contains the “mother of vinegar,” a substance filled with living nutrients and bacteria, which are responsible for many of the health benefits. The most common brand people use is Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar ‘With The Mother’.
Apple Cider For Weight Loss
According to Dr. Jarvis, there is a specific serving suggestion of apple cider vinegar to lose weight.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar + 8 ounces water *
- Drink before meals 3 times a day
Always take note that when drinking this concoction, it is always best to use a straw so that the teeth will not be exposed to the vinegar’s acidity.
Apple cider vinegar maintains its strong acidic taste and smells even when diluted with water. Some people opt for mixing it with other beverages, like tea and other fruit juices.
Here are some quick recipes on how to make apple cider more palatable.
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ginger concentrate or ginger tea (see recipes below)
- freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- raw honey or liquid stevia, to taste
- sparkling mineral water
Berry Lemon ACV Drink
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen berries (I love using raspberries the best!)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with “the mother”
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- optional: 1 teaspoon raw honey or sweetener of choice
With the apple cider vinegar’s promising benefits, it is still best to do this together with a healthy meal intake!
More in Weight Loss
Maintaining The Right State Of Mind For A Healthy Life
The human mind is the invisible force that controls and affects the physical aspects of the human body. The state of...October 21, 2017
The Impact of Marriage on Physical Health
Marriage is viewed as simply a bond between two people who choose to spend their lives together (or at least most...October 21, 2017
How Not To Let Money Problems Affect Your Health
It is not uncommon for people to have a heart attack when the stock market crashes, taking all of their money...October 21, 2017
Five Leading Reasons Why Non-Smokers Get Lung Cancer
Those who smoke are at the greatest risk of getting lung cancer, hence, for obvious reasons, those who don’t smoke assume...October 21, 2017
Teenage Skin Problems & How To Deal With Them
Teenagers go through a lot of skin changes and transformations when they hit puberty. With all the hormonal changes their bodies...October 21, 2017
Six Incredible Hacks to Help You Get Up in the Morning
If there is one thing people hate the most, it’s getting up early in the morning. It’s all thanks to a...October 21, 2017
Your Job Could Be the Culprit Behind that Increasing Belly Fat
Statistically, we spend around a third of our lives at the office working. Of course, that means a lot of eating,...October 21, 2017
Depressed? Here’s What Dalai Lama Wants You to Know
The Dali Lama is a Tibetan spiritual leader. However, he likes to refer to himself as a simple Buddhist monk. Perhaps,...October 21, 2017
Rosehip Oil, Kate Middleton’s Secret to Impeccable Complexion
The Duchess of Cambridge is no stranger to getting praise for her impeccable beauty and grace, especially for her skin. At...October 21, 2017